Join the MLPD
The Mount Laurel Township Police Department is full time municipal police force where the officers are responsible for providing protection for persons and property, prevent crimes, preserve the peace, apprehend offenders, and investigate and resolve incidents effecting public safety. Mount Laurel Township is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT:
3. The applicant must be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D.
4. The applicant must possess a valid driver’s license before appointment.
5. The applicant must pass a command interview.
6. The applicant must pass a medical and psychological examination.
7. The applicant must pass a drug screening.
8. The applicant must complete the Basic Police Officer Course from a New Jersey Police Training
Commission or possess a valid Police Training Commission Certificate.
2. Paid life insurance.
3. Uniforms, weapons and equipment provided by the department.
4. Paid vacation and sick leave.
5. Medical and dental plan.
6. Retirement plan.